Saturday, 21 November 2015

Christmas Wish List

Dear Father Christmas,


I thought by getting my request in early, you will look after me again this year? I've been a good boy with maybe the odd blip or two that involved prostitutes and a crack den. But yes on the whole, it has been plain sailing.

Not asking for too much as in reality you're very busy, what with only working one day a year you fat work shy bastard. So please consider the following. This book below appeals to me, as in a past life we used to partake in a bit of  ferreting not to be confused with gerbaling. First published in 1935 and is widely available in various book emporiums




On route to the United Kingdom, please, please, pretty please would you stop in Japan and collect this Megabass Arms rod a snip at a thousand dollars, oh and while I'm at it, it would need a nice tarty reel to sit on it. So a Megabass Hedgehog that comes in at around six hundred dollars would be pretty useful.






I do hope you don't think that I'm taking the piss with this letter and life is treating you well. I look forward to receiving these gifts on Christmas Day.

Kindest Regards

Monty Dalrymple.


Keeping with the Christmas theme, Mr DD can't make the social on Saturday the twelfth. The reason? His going to watch AFC Wimbledon Vs Stevenage, totally piss poor in my opinion. But get this he has only fished once this year. On a guided trip to the Wye, with an angler who was caught fishing out of season a while back. The guide also charges thirty pounds for a bag of boilies, a fool and his money!

Even worse he is giving up his Longford Estate Ticket, the estate not content in charging over five hundred pounds a season. Coarse fishing will not now start until October the first in future. Looks like the coarse guys have been fucked over by the Salmon anglers. Nowt new in that then is their? Chin up though mate, you always have that tip the Wandle as a back up water! Not the same as the glorious Hampshire Avon, but more or less on your doorstep. Every cloud son, every cloud.


Be Lucky

Monty

3 comments:

  1. Thirty quid for boilies? Black Bob always has been a chancer but that takes the digestive.

    I hope Santa reads your blog lover, but I expect tackle tarts the world over will be asking for those pretty toys too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep thirty quid, I kid you not. And as for the rod and reel zero chance in all probability, so the book will do ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. £30 notes for a bag of boilies?

    For that I'd expect them to contain the finest pate de foi gras and beluga caviar, and be hand-rolled between the thighs of a Brazilian super-model.

    Still, I suppose there aren't many bait suppliers that will deliver to the bank in April & May...


    ReplyDelete