Sunday, 25 October 2015

Pike Blank

 I think today could have been my first blank trip of the season, perhaps fishing poorly resulted in no fish. Or the first frost of the Autumn last night put the fish down. But the curse of "I've kitted myself out with some lure gear, fancy giving me some tips" put the mockers on it.

Gruff and I got out together, for the first time in ages. I'm no teacher, expert or owt.  And not fishing for the last three weeks has made me pretty irritable to say the least. But we moved to a river across the county border in search of a decent Pike or two. 

And we did not have a sniff of a fish. No real problem is it, as Gruff said "It's called fishing kid and not catching". Blank trips do not bother me, when you're on the water in such glorious weather, having a natter, a catch up who can complain. Your a  fucking jynx mate, see you next season!



This little lot, tangled my lure on one retrieve, it did have a trace of sorts. But it was pretty poor as I pulled it apart by hand. It had a rubber coating and some very fine like wire running through it, never comes across this before. Still got another lure out of it.




Gruff took a quick snap of me putting a lure out to the far bank. Really enjoying using a bait casting outfit, it is nowhere near as hard as my original concerns, being a clumsy sort of person. Good to be back out after work, work,work. Coops hopefully will be down mid November for his Perch auction day. Your call Coops, thumbs up or down for Gruff to come along? Yeah a nice quick four hour leg stretch today.




SIX HUNDRED YEARS AGO TODAY.

The painting below was done by Sir John Gilbert in the nineteenth century, entitled  "Morning of the Battle of Agincourt". It's my favourite, plenty of books over the years both fact and fiction have been devoured by me on this subject. As a nation we have some great history, though we could maybe do with some chaps with Longbows  on the French side of the channel tunnel at present. Problem solved surely?





My lot West Ham. So far I've been proved wrong, my initial thoughts were we would implode under our new manager. At present we are playing well, the real test is when we have a dip in form. Easy to manage when you are winning, when you're not. Well look at poor Jose at ours yesterday after being sent to the stands as we beat Chelsea 2-1.

He looks like a Fox who has been "lamped".







Lastly I'll get this in early. Gents  a Christmas social on Saturday December the  twelfth? We  don't get together like we used to, so rather than call and text I'm putting it on here.

Mr. DD, Glen C, Carl, KCI, Gruff, Rich The Float Maker. A little laugh prior to Christmas on a local stretch for Pike and Perch. What say you?


Be Lucky

Monty D

8 comments:

  1. and me please


    Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete,

      Sorry mate of course, how could I leave out the "Oldest Fisherman in Surrey" out of the equation. It may be a long walk from the car park and a rickety stile to get over, guess you know where I have in mind. I'll carry your gear etc, not a problem.

      Delete
  2. Is that you 2 behind David SSullivan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope afraid not, much prefer to keep away from the Directors Box ;-0

      Delete
  3. Sounds good, I'll join you for the morning if I may.

    The Dutchman

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you turn up, fish well and fail to catch then its the fish's fault if you don't catch. We don't blank - the fish do ;o)

    ReplyDelete