Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Perch Fishing Auction

The angling grapevine is buzzing at present, with fellow anglers organising events to raise funds for Iwan Clarke to go to America and undergo treatment for leukemia.

Details of which can be found here........

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/displaySomeoneSpecialPage.action?pageUrl=iwanclarke

All of us in some way have been touched by this awful illness. I was thinking of how I could offer up a few bob to help and came up with this.

I would like to auction a day with me after Perch, on a local river a Thames Tributary. I'm no special angler as you all know, just your average Joe. But I do have the knack of knowing where the decent Perch live, just a few photo's of some nice fish below.







I had a little count up last night and have winkled out just shy of thirty Perch over three pound in the last fifteen years, not a bad number for a once a week angler, who also targets other species.

The day, if anyone makes an offer will have to be a Saturday and from the start of November until the end of the season, your choice. October will be work,work and more work.

You can fish how ever you wish, lures, float fishing, ledgering I'm not fussed. I'll show you all my secret Perch spots, that not even my close  mates know (have to keep some spots back lads, sorry) and hopefully bag you a three pound plus fish. I will also add fifty pounds to Iwan's fund for good measure. The winning bid will also go towards Iwan's treatment.

This blog over the last five years has been many things, but now is maybe the time to put it to good use. I'll end the auction a week on Saturday at 0700Hrs. Feel free to share this if you will, one caveat please keep the venue publicity free.

Don't be shy I don't bite.Just leave a bid as a comment if you will.


Be Lucky

Monty D

24 comments:

  1. 25 quid kid to start you off

    Gruff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair play Monty - that's a belting gesture.

    If I lived a little nearer I would get involved, and I guess I could always beat the info out of the Dutchman if it came to it ;-)

    I will donate some hard earned to the cause though, I can't imagine how I'd feel, let alone cope, if one my girls was in that situation.

    ps - Re ranting Red Dave, yeah I was very tempted to heed your sage like advice, but decided to ignore him, until 30 mins ago that is!

    Cheers,

    J90

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe,

      I agree with all of the above ;-0

      Delete
    2. The Scouse parrot says:

      'You took the words right out of my mouth, and saved me all that typing, thanks Monty'



      Delete
  3. 100 English pounds.

    Voops

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that you Coops with sausage fingers? If it is text me mate ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Confirmed by text a hundred pounds courtesy of Coops. Superb mate ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Top man Monty great work pal. Also big well done to all the bidders. Just to let you know there are other things going off that you could be part of too. Still working things out but there's a lure meet planned in Yorkshire 1st Nov and two more guided days going up soon. cheers everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a hell of an amount to raise, but you never know. Just have to go for it.

      Delete
    2. Long way to go for sure. Up my end we have all sorts happening. There's some more auctions up now if any of your readers want to have a look, from lures, to rods to more guided days. Prizes and stuff being given for the lure day which currently we have pushing 40 anglers turning up if they all make it. Great response from the angling world, and thanks again to the lads on here who have donated. Cheers Monty

      https://www.32auctions.com/organizations/22040/auctions/25544

      Delete
    3. If I lived up North I'd bid for a day with Adey, just to rip the shit out of him, as to how we beat Liverpool three nil at Anfield.

      Some good lot's though to be had, I've got my eye on a rod though ;-0

      Delete
  7. Jason you do yourself a disservice as you fished for barbel more or less exclusively for ten of those 15 years with blinkers.I cant top the bid of a 100 pound but will donate in the near future.

    Our club has changed massivley over the years but still has some good sport well done young man!!!

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello mate, hope your keeping well? I know you only fish midweek now, but how about a little dabble before the frosts set in.

      We can sit and chew the fat in the big bend, comfy swim and float fish. I know your arthritis plays you up in the cold at your age;-0

      As for the donation, what ever you can afford. I'll phone you next week and try and sort a few hours out. It would be nice.

      Take care.

      Delete
  8. Just caught up with this one mucker. You've been and gone and done it now haven't you. Using your blog for good... whatever next? Will it catch on?

    Personally I hope so and you are making a grand gesture. I can't go over the current bid but I'll visit the site and drop off a bob or two whilst I'm there.

    Well done my big hearted friend - its amazing what a few away wins will do for the spirit ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave,

      Topman, as i said before it is a poxy, poxy illness. Our family has a very close friend undergoing treatment at present. It does sadly, touch us all.

      Now let's hammer the Welsh in the rugby ;-0

      Delete
  9. Hope you enjoyed the rugby.

    Not bad for a bunch of sheep shaggers eh?

    ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. England deserved what they got, poor discipline, poor game plan and a bad decision by Robshaw.

      I'm sure our neighbours were happy also, with the noise coming from our house.

      Delete
  10. Just to add, Coops leads the way with a bid of a hundred pound. The auction will end at 0700Hrs as previously mentioned on Saturday. I'll be on the bank from first light until the evening, so any last day bids will have to wait until I'm home to be recognised.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coops,

    You're the fortunate, or unfortunate winner of a day with me, with the winning bid of a hundred pounds. I did have a text bid yesterday to outbid yours from Mr DD, but declined it owing to him being a club member and he can fish with me when he wants, but he has been nudged towards the auctions on Paul (River Pikers) Bosworth page.

    I'll be in touch on Monday mate, thank you and the lads who put some cash into Iwan's fund.

    I need a bath, not long home from a day on the river. But Rugby is on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll still honner that 25 quid buddy. If I'm welcome I'll turn up and let the man lend my shiny shiny new Lumby Trickster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I'm off to work for a few hours then football. Away to Palace, should be a good game :-)

      Delete