Saturday, 11 July 2015

Insect Bites

No fishing for me this weekend, but I've moaned before about being bitten while on the river by insects of every persuasion. I'll moan no more, have a look at this little lot below. My stepdaughter recently came back from a holiday in Croatia with her friends and was eaten alive.



  

We took her to A&E in the week as they were getting larger with every passing day. Natalie loved it, various members of the medical profession taking photos, oohhhing and aahhinng. They gave her a strong dose of antibiotics and sent her on her way. She is staying home with us for a few days, still she must be getting better as I'm not long home from work. The kitchen looks like a bomb site, where she has cooked herself a full English and gone back to bed. I'm sure she thinks the "Kitchen Sprites" will tidy up for her. So nice to have her home.


Roll on Tuesday

Anyone else looking forward to this? I'm sure many, many of us have read To Kill A Mockingbird. This will have to be pretty special to surpass that. Who can forget those immortal words "He went inside and shut the door behind him. I never saw him again".Even now it evokes strong memories in me, with a book that has enthralled me countless times over the years. Not a bad film either!



You have to give it a whirl, surely.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and if your bank side watch out for bugs.

Be Lucky

Monty D

8 comments:

  1. Kin'ell mate! Nicky's had reactions to mozzy bites equivalent to the smallest of your step daughters and they gave her right gip. Those - well, they're different league. :-o Bleah! imagine popping one.

    Let us know what the book's like - I'm too tight to shell out on whim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people will buy the book, thinking with our hearts as opposed to our heads. Still it's only a "score" ;-0

      Delete
  2. Ying of Yong says....Oh, insects was it shag ? I assumed it was from sun exposure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kev,

      I should have known, that when I sent you the photo's on Friday evening you'd be pissed up on Wye Valley ;-0

      Delete
  3. Try baby creamy oil by Johnston. Keep most at bay even in jungle environments.

    Regards

    C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi, Oi Soldier, fancy a day down on the Avon with Gruff and I in the Autumn? Top Weir this time, if Gruff can tear himself away from the Parrot? Text the old fecker and get his arse in gear ;-0

      Nat's on her travels again next week, a month in Australia. I'll let her know ;-0

      Delete
  4. Not bites those I would venture Monty, nasty reaction to summut else.

    ReplyDelete