Saturday, 27 June 2015

Midlife Crisis

No I'm not having one, lets get the boring angling part out of the way first, then we can chew the fat on the blog title.

Long walk today in order to get to the beat I wanted to fish, a good forty minutes from the train station. Feeling futterly ucked now. Started very poorly for the first two hours or so, seemingly every cast was destined to go up a tree, under a bush and my line control was appalling, Fished liked a grade "A" prick. Had a sit down and to eat and calm down as I was winding myself up, not hard to get me wound up to be fair, never been a strong point of mine, the old even temperament thing.


Just after eleven a blank saving small Perch of around a pound hit the small crank bait. Phew, pretty little fish he was to, no need to photograph that little chap.

Found a shoal of good Chub, but from a high bank vantage point presenting a lure or bait to these fish is out of the question at present, owning to the sky high foliage, they sure know where they are safe.

Walked on and a little patch of static water, off the main flow had to be worth a cast. Really tight little spot, under a willow tree close into the bank. Popped the lure out and as it came close to the bank a chunky little Jack went an nailed it. He went nuts, got a great view in the air looking straight down it's throat while the fish attempted to throw the hooks.




Time was running out, needed to be off the water by noon and home. Walking back, chanced my arm in another swim and had this little Chub nail the lure. Shocking photo, but hey ho. Did not have to time to mess about. So in essence, a tough mornings fishing, but two fish in two cast is not so shabby.

I may go back downstream in the week, to my large Perch banker swims. However, made a pact with myself to leave these areas alone until the Autumn. See what happens eh.



 

MIDLIFE CRISIS

Well are you having one, or feel like your on the verge of one gentleman. Do not despair, this may be for you.... Firstly go and splash out four grand on a racing cycle.




Then pour yourself into some Lycra clothing and hey presto your sorted.




Is it just Surrey that suffers this problem? Every Saturday and Sunday morning, hordes of middle aged  fat fuckers, are peddling along furiously like they are Sir. Wiggins. Puffing and panting, red of face. You then see a sweaty 'arris all saddle sore move off into the distance.

It's not just strangers, oh no. Even my dear friend Mr. Double Decker, has been afflicted. Only last Sunday the local radio station Radio Affluent Shires, had a news report that local people had reported seeing a performing bear cycling through Cheam village. I looked at Denise and said "That will be Mr. DD darling, out on his bike again". She just nodded sagely.

Give it up lads, get bang on the crack pipe if your feeling down, it works for me.


Be Lucky

Monty D

18 comments:

  1. Your blog always makes I larf :o)

    The flabbiest cyclist I've seen was head down - arse up on his way to a coronary at about 9mph. He was wearing a tapered helmet to minimise wind resistance! - he was fatter than me for god's sake! Some salesmen have a warped sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Rocca when he has his midlife he got Norton and some leathers ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in Graham? ....Well each their own I suppose :-/

      Delete
  3. Norton, wot you mean Monty? El Pres, to my knowledge has a Triumph Bonneville!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oz,

      Of course your right, it's not a Norton.

      Delete
  4. Hmm probably hate cyclists as much as canoeists. And why do they ride two astride taking up all the 'kin road?, tossers! Mid life rant over. Good fishing mate ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rich,

      Number safely stored in my phone, will be in touch next week.

      Delete
    2. Yoy two - get a room! :-p

      Delete
    3. Just having a very late night read. Got up too cool down with a drink of water and ended up turning the computer on and reading a few blogs. I didn't know whether to post a separate comment or post a reply to Richard and yourself Jason. Yes we have lots around Berkshire like that every weekend and everytime I see one I thank Mr Wiggins.. Well if you can call it thank due to cycling two and sometimes even three abreast, guess you need to have a bit of a chat as your peddling your way to a cardiac as a group.. I probably can't comment as you probably wouldn't catch me in anything tight fitting other than a straight jacket.

      Delete
    4. Nowt wrong with a straight jacket, just been undone and being sent off to work. By Christ it's warm already. ;-0

      Delete
  5. Really expensive is your Norton,... Oz is of course correct.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's the best crack pipe to buy then Monty? Perhaps Bob Gill can make me one with a tasteful faux walnut finish...

    J90

    ReplyDelete
  7. By coincidence spotted this Monty ;o)
    https://www.facebook.com/RealKaliMuscle/photos/a.289762081062772.63489.170365236335791/865755150130126/?type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fair play to her, its the lads down our way who make me chuckle.;-0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well dont Know how but i missed this "Gripping installment" Monty!
    ...Ive been a Cyclist for many years now, (on an off road) fishing and cycling have much in common for me... they are the times I do most of my thinking/planning, great adventures have been thought off while walking the bank off where to head to routes to be taken on the "Trusty Steed" whilst Cycling I've thought of venues to vist , ok I look a right "tit" walking round rivers and Lakes dressed in lycra,...but really don't give a F--k what rest of the world thinks anyway! (Ive long past what others think) Cycling is a great hobby that keeps you fit and I am a mere 57(I think!) but am still in my head 20!
    Over the last couple of years I've cycled the "South Downs Way" thats Eastbourne to Winchester twice, starting at both ends (all of road) and I regularly go out doing 30/40/50/60mile rides (I aim to do between 200-400miles per month!) I've cycled london to Paris and many other great rides that are pure adventure!
    The reasons cyclists are seen as a nuisance are just like angling there are loads of idiots involved with the old problem ie..."all the gear an no Idea!
    when i was a kid nearly all my trips "Dangling" were made by Bike, an one of the best things that happened to me was to rediscover the freedom it bought me 20 years later on an to this day along with chasing fish also in great places....Rant Over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah but you can't answer your phone, unless you need your boiler fixed ;-0

      Delete