Saturday, 28 March 2015

Doppelgangers of the Angling World Part XXXIV

Well it's time for another one of these, so without further ado may I present the now legendary Wheadlstone Raider, with a nice twenty from last season.





And below we have fellow PAC member and all round top boy, for the Suffolk PAC region Mr. Jason Skilton. Do not mess with my name sake as he can be "Pwoper Nawty", if he plays up. You have been warned.




Well the close season is now upon us, the annual close season debate strangely has not come to the fore as of yet. It has been surpassed massively by a debate about these bastards!


These evil, wicked creatures in some eyes are the main reason that the hallowed River Prince is in steep decline. If you dare to use these as bait, well the pox on you and then some. Barbel forum land is awash with anglers who have suddenly acquired a doctorate in piss and hot air.

Little Richie Framptom is back, yapping away like the good old days. But this time it's personal, he is  now his own man-woof! Fuck me lads, come on really. What next? A Barbel Record to raise funds maybe for this species. A little like the old Michael Jackson song......"We are the world, we are the anglers who will build the boris a better place". All dressed in real tree, swaying arm in arm. Still if it makes you happy lads, crack on.

Has anyone donned some scuba gear and asked the Barbel what they would like?

"Hello Mr. Barbel, my name is Boris God, how can we help you"
"Well you can fuck off for a start mate, we never asked for a Society to be named in our honor, we have done OK for hundreds of years on our own. So I suggest you piss off and get a life"

Trout season starts next week and sadly my application to join the Houghton Club has been blackballed yet again, cannot for the life of me think why? So I will be out elsewhere chasing "Spotties".

Enjoy your weekend.

Be Lucky

Monty D

13 comments:

  1. 'Avin a go at the Barbel Police Dalrymple - you want some?

    Enjoy chasing the spotties, I gather pellets are very good bait ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit Monty, when I looked at the picture of the Whealdstone Raider, I just assumed you'd bought yourself a selfie-stick :-)

    Re the 'killer pellets' - yep a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. As is Google and the ability to cut and paste...

    KIR.

    J90

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe,

      The voice of reason, your secret is safe mon brave with the Dutchman and I. The sheep how ever may beg to differ ;-0

      Delete
    2. Those sheep know better than to bleat...:-)

      Delete
    3. Joe got embarrassed and removed his comment-bless. ;-0

      Delete
  3. I beg your pardon? Embarrassed about what? Certainly not for pointing out your uncanny resemblance to the Whealdstone Raider or for some pithy observation re the inexorable rise of the barbel nutritionist.

    I'm a self confessed Luddite, but how would it be possible to delete a comment posted 'anonymously' ?

    Fackin want some do you? :-)

    Joe90

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well how on earth did that happen? Odd, anyway I'm orf to catch our dinner for tonight.

      Delete
  4. Ps - I did reply (see above)

    Joe90

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen the latest fight Monty?

    Breakaway leads for Trent barbel fishing. For that 3 Foot Twitch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred,

      Again? That was going on in 2006 on the BS forum, nowt new then. Best dash need to get home from work and get me National bets on and my fishing gear ready for the morning.

      Rocky Creek and The Druids Nephew both each way ;-0

      Delete
  6. Hello Monty,

    Just seen this post LoL....Made me chuckle....but alas you wrong, on two accounts...... I'm no Wealdstone Raider (had to google who he is).... more a Richard Naylor ExITFC player and secondly it wasn't a twenty ;-) TL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jay,

    Suitably admonished, I shall go and play with the traffic ;-0

    ReplyDelete