Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Joyeux Noel!

It's come around quick again, or is it just me who seems to think this year has flown by? Maybe it is Old Father Time, who is slowly drawing me towards his net. I cannot believe I'll be forty five next year. Mentally, well I guess that I'm around eighteen still.

I was out last Saturday, but another blank ensued. All week promising myself that the lure gear will get a rest, but it's never thus. What it is that has so enthralled me most of this current season, to fish this way. Much more accomplished anglers than I, have said it can be a real ball breaker in the winter. That maybe try a canal or two, check out a few lakes and pits.

The summer and autumn I thought that i'd cracked it. Every one a coconut, crashed and burned so far this winter with just the odd fish. I'll be out for a morning session tomorrow, in truth today was penciled in, alas a mixture of various wines were consumed late into the night. Rendering me utterly useless this morning.

I'll keep trying though, because that jolt through the body when you get a hook up is totally addictive at present. Finding the fish has been hugely problematic, but tomorrow, well a hunch that I will drop on a few is niggling away at me. For one thing those Perch are not where they were in the past.







Over the last few years I've always added a carol at Christmas time and our house, well it would not be the same without  Nat King Cole.






So as always, this is Monty Dalrymple, from high up on Yat Rock wishing you all a very Joyeux Noel. And let us hope the weather gods play nice, so we can get out a few times and burn off those excess calories.


Be Lucky

Monty D

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Monty. In regards to the lure fishing, go with the flow mate and do what you enjoy. You never know - the next bite could just be that big, old and angry four pounder! Tight lines for 2015 mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Ben, lets hope you get a Wye kipper ;-0

      Delete
  2. What about your day on the london chalk stream on friday specki you had a good day then with your knew floats.yeah i know you never do a message about that place.see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha. It's like "Fight Club" water but down South.;-0

      Delete
  3. Yat Rock Balti say......Mr Monty, thank you for your patronage of our delicious Kashmiri foodstuffs. A big happy Christmas to you and yours. Next time you pop in we have a 2015 calendar for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kev,

    Got your text mate, but was busy on the bank. A quick two hour session and it all came good ;-0. I hope you caught your Christmas dinner yesterday. Be lucky mate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fear that your lure addiction will have to run it's course, I was once the same about fly fishing but it passed. Enjoy the ride and have a great Christmas lover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I've my eye on a couple of cane fly rods at present with a view to next season. I'm off to football now and hopefully we can nick something at Stamford Bridge ;-0

    ReplyDelete