Saturday, 13 December 2014

Blown Away

I've been told by the wife that I'm a miserable bastard today, even last night. In that I had my face glued to the lap top, scanning the EA river levels website. Chuntering away to myself, mumbling "Fuck me, it's going to go bank high again by the morning".

And she(rivers are always a she in my eyes, fickle and harsh, but when she is nice all together lovable) did. Got out of bed at 0430, logged on and knew it was a waste of time. We seem to get dry weeks and near the weekend it pisses down again.

I stomped off to the bookies at eleven to put a couple of bets on, stopped in the Dukes Head for a cheeky cupla and to read the paper. I received a text from Denise "Post mans been darling, package has arrived for you I'm just popping to Mums, I'll leave it in the tackle room"

Well I drank up and hot footed it home and unwrapped this little lot. Now it's not often I am lost for words. But I was/am still.




I knew Richard was going to send me a "Few Floats". He did not want any payment, but gave me the reason why he would like me to have them for free. One reason I could not adhere too ;-0. The second you can have my word on it that I will.

What an act of kindness, I'm totally, totally blown away. I owe you big time, they will be used at the first chance of some suitable conditions.

Just a short blog, but Richard simply brilliant mate thank you. The card is superb too, made us both laugh.

Be Lucky

Monty D.

12 comments:

  1. The 'Uncle Buck' look-alike is truly an extremely generous gentleman, for that is a fine gift. I would think he has sound reasons for it, even if you cannot adhere to the first one!

    Well 'judged', Richard, it's evident you've given young Monty a great deal of pleasure, floated his boat one might say,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oz,

      Richard and I know, the first reason. He was taking the piss, the second, is a real sentiment. Got your Copthall Bishop yet ;-0

      Delete
  2. Glad they raised a smile you miserable sod. ;o)
    Have a good Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard,

      Have a little idea, will drop you a mail tomorrow. Got a house full of "Out Laws" not long turned up.;-0

      Delete
  3. Nice floats ! But you have a 'tackle room' ? How very bourgeois !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes shag a "Tackle Room", when Nat moved out, her old room was turned into my tackle room. Cane rods in a rod rack, all the other rods on shelves.

      All the other tackle in various boxes, cheap folding table to tie traces up with etc.

      Small fridge in the corner. Only fifteen years or so until Alex leaves chez ying. ;-0

      Delete
  4. Avoid swims with overhanging trees Jase, they look lovely in the box but heart breaking when hanging from an alder ;o)

    No excuses now though, come hell or high water you get out there and wet a line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, just fed up sloshing through fields and meadows. I guess as I'm off for nearly three weeks from next week I'm banking on some decent weather.

      Delete
  5. Monty,
    Fromage arrives on 18th., so elder lass tells me... last time in Blighty she ran out of time to acquire goods so it's being sent here direct... plus a wodge for us to take with us to them in France on 22nd.... in the hold luggage so's Ryan Air gofers don't snaffle it from cabin baggage.
    Come on 'Neils Yard' don't let us down, we need the accompniment to go with the (hopefully) lots of classy reds... and port of course!

    Gordon Bennet, your house sounds like the large fellow's; he has tackle in the dining room, his study and the downstairs facilities!!! Oooops, forgot the garage and bait fridges too... and my spare kettle which has now been missing in there for the past three years!!

    Awrabest for you and your Lady for the festivities and New Years too...oh, and for Big Sam and the Bubblers,

    Immus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting our cheese next week, then leaving it round Denise's Mums, or it will be eaten before Christmas ;-0

      As for West Ham, two tough games over Christmas Chelsea away on Boxing Day, the home to Arsenal. I've got a ticket for the Chelsea game. But we are unbeaten in ten games, so fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. Talking of dopplegangers. Is it true that you and the Wealdstone raider have never been seen in the same room together? ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na Coops his "Top Boy" at the Credin Hill Boot Boys ;-0

      Delete