Sunday, 26 October 2014

A Shameless Plug

Seeing that I'm just your average angler like most of us, I tend not to mention tackle dealers at all. But in the week while online I decided to treat myself to a new reel for my lure fishing and with that in mind a shameless plug for customer service.


This little beauty was ordered just after 1600 Hrs on Wednesday, got it for a cracking price too. Normally the RRP is a little over two hundred pound, shop around though and they tend to be offered for sale cheaper than this, me well I got this for just over one hundred and twenty pound, with the LAS discount. But the real surprise was that it arrived the next day in work around noon, free postage too.That to me is exemplary customer service.

If your in the market for some new tackle why not try this place....

 http://www.mrfishjersey.com



West Ham Yesterday

What can you say about that result? Over the years as a West Ham fan I've seen it all. Highs, lows and the lows far out way the highs. But it's my team, you only ever have one team regardless of how they play. Support a team from where you come from, none of this glory hunting  bollocks that seems so prevalent today.

Not cheap anymore, two tickets yesterday for  my old man and I set me back a good few quid. But what a result against the current champions. Yes we rode our luck, as any team would do against a side that has class running through it as City do. But we thoroughly warranted the win, what a cracking atmosphere. To many times over the last ten years the stadium has been dead, but not against the mancs. The last ten minutes my heart was banging, your dared not look at times as City poured forward in droves.

The final whistle and the stadium erupted and the best rendition of "Bubbles" I've heard in donkeys years. Looking at my old man, arms aloft belting it out made the hairs on my neck stand up. Sixty seven years old and a look of utter elation on his face. Walking him back to his motor after the match he looked me in the face and said...."Only thing is kid we have handed the title to Chelsea with today's win, so Sam out in my opinion". Silly old fucker, only he could come out with that. Should have him as a pundit on Sky Sports.

What's changed this season ? Easy one this, we have strikers who can score goals. Last year we were dependent on the mid field for those, what with Carroll being perennially injured. Champions League football next season, dare to dream. Us at the Nou Camp? I doubt that very much indeed, we have Stoke away up next and that is always a tough place to go. I'll just take these small victories and savor every moment.

At present it's nice to be able to get excited about my side, been a long time since that has happened.

Be Lucky

Monty D

2 comments:

  1. It's downhill from here on then 😀Relagation battle here you come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave,

      Over the years we have always gone down with the Christmas decorations, so who knows ;-0.

      But good news on the Ebola front, The African Cup of Nations may be cancelled, so we may not loose our main man. Every cloud and all that.;-0

      Delete