Saturday, 27 September 2014

When Your Lucks In

I've not seen my local river so over grown at this stage of the season, the other side of this little lot hides a favorite pool of mine well I'm assuming it still does, but after spending the summer cutting and hacking my away along various beats, nature will have to take her course. I'm done with the path finder routine for now, it's just to much like hard work.



Remarkably like my last session, the large Perch were hard to find, plenty of little Jacks to keep the rod bent, but not what I was really after. I had a little think about where to go. Not driving does make these snap decisions a little harder, your on a particular stretch of water, so you can get lazy. Not today though, rucksack on and  a very long walk of about fourty minutes to where I've had some large Perch in the past. That is the problem you don't want to hammer the same places week after week, seek out new areas. But like many rivers, certain places seem devoid of fish, the water seems to hold no life, no fry scatter, it may as well be the river Styx. We may as well fish the Styx, if we do not get some rain soon, the bloody river is drying up.



Walk over, stiles and barbed wired fences negotiated, no tearing of the trousers today ,Christ my bollocks have come close to being taking off a few times over the years. One style in particular holds fond memories in that the Sussex Hermit got caught up in it, flung him and his tackle on his back, his spindly little arms and legs waving in the air like an upturned beetle "'elp me, elp me you pair of bastards". All we could do was cry with the laughter.

Anyway switching over to crank baits, soft plastics seem to catch me more fish, but fishing hard baits is more fun to me, don't ask me why it just is. No joy what so over from anything. Last role of the dice and a spinner was clipped on. A recent article in the LAS mag mentioned that if your struggling try a spinner, you may save a blank.

Bingo, a little cheat though. I fished the same pool that saw me bank  a 3.10 in June. Flicking it past some decaying weed on the far bank, it was hit almost straight away on the retrieve. I knew just knew this was a good Perch, that jag, jag of a fight. No matter how many good Perch that grace my net, it's always a nerve racking affair. Get the fish landed as quick as you can.

Another good 'un. Tipping the scales at 3.4. I did at first think it was the same fish from June, but a distinctive little mark on the underside was not to be found. Imagine if your a small fish and this mouth is the last thing you see, prior to going down the hatch. Pleased with that, making the effort to move and not get stuck in a rut. You have to make it happen, sure it does not always work out that way, but when it does you have a grin like a wanking Jap.





Could you honestly see this clown ever running the country? I was going to use the strongest of expletives to describe him, but then thinking about it, why waste such a good word. Watching his speech in the week from the Labour Party Conference, left me dumbstruck. He is a totally odd wanker, he must be from another planet.

I care not for his policy's or what his speech contained. The problem for me is the man himself, he makes my fucking skin crawl. He has absolutely no gravitas what so ever! Cameron is a mug too, smarmy. To say the Queen "purred" after the recent referendum vote, makes me think of a little clique of old Eton boys in a tuck shop. All nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Suits you sir.

But it's the lesser of the two evils. I simply dread to think if this prick wins power, the mind boggles at who would want to see this man in number ten. Ed and Ed, yeah what a right win double they would be.


A little bit of a rant I'll admit, but that is just me. Climb up on my little soap box and get things of my chest. Time for some Ryder Cup now, a beer or three and feet up.


Be lucky

Monty D

12 comments:

  1. Are you a kipper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why no mat for the pike but for the perch m8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pike, early morning long damp grass. Perch, dry crop field.

      Delete
  3. Nice perch mucker and some incisive political commentary delivered in your own inimitable way ;o) But do we need the quivering text on the right of the page? Does my head in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave,

      Nothing I've done,try reducing the size you view it in. Same for me when it's over a 100. Must be a blogger glitch ?

      Delete
  4. All politicians are chinless wankers, non of them have "our country" in mind, it's all about them.

    What unhooking mat?

    Coops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coops,

      Spot on, as for the mat. An old one ;-0

      Best get off to the station, a busy day to be had in the metropolis.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ben,

      Start thinking of some dates mate, last Saturday in October or from the middle of November. As always it's weather dependent.;-0

      Delete
  6. Will do, Monty. Mid November, weather permitting, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben,

      That's good, late October is out as I've got tickets now for Man Citeh at home, easy three points for us ;-0

      Delete