Thursday, 29 August 2013

Moth Balls

The last couple of weeks I've had a few phone calls and text messages to inquire why I have stopped updating the blog?I have been out for a couple of short sessions,but I have hardly had the time to look online lately.And with this in mind this blog will be put into moths balls for a few months.




This venue below has caught my eye recently and it has yielded a few fish.But with it being very small and intimate,I'm not too comfortable at all blogging about this particular river.




My time will be limited over the next few months,we have not long had an extension put in that houses the new kitchen,also the house needs a lick of paint  with the last Bank Holiday weekend spent tarting up the sitting room.Also and much more time consuming is that I have been offered a promotion at work.I have deliberated over the last two weeks whether or not to take this role on.Financially it is a no brainier,with a good increase for me.On the downside this will entail much longer hours,no more leaving early on a Friday for a cupla pints.I'll not expect to get home until around 20.00Hrs most days in the future.But I'm forty three now and with my heart set on retiring at fifty the new role had to be taken.Sold my soul to the corporate behemoth that is,na I cant say;-0.

I enjoy doing this blog as I'm sure all fellow bloggers do,while they spend time on there own blogs.And if I'm only going to do it half arsed,then that is not for me.All or nothing is my way,not unlike Black and White from last season.

But one more semi rant before the self enforced sabbatical. What a total and utter prick Gareth Bale looks.You earn good money at S***s,why dress like you want to be in a bleeding boy band.Pink is one of my favorite colours,but a back to front baseball cap.This is so,so wrong on every level.

Now S***s,if you chaps do not qualify for Champions League football this season,considering the vast amounts you have spent.Then you never will!And I for one will look forward to you imploding again.



So until I hope the late Autumn.


Be Lucky.


Monty D

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy the sabbatical Monty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that swim...

    Maybe I'm slow off the mark but I found out today that Bale's daughter has the initials AVB... Isn't that just a bit... odd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to explain that one,it has gone way over my head.Off to work tally hoooooooooo;-0

      Delete
  3. We'll miss your candid view of all things mate - hurry back.




    And 43 eh? I thought you were much older :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much older?I feel like I'm eighteen in spirit,but the back aches more these days.;-0

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the rest Monty :-)

    Keith says hello and hurry back

    Phil b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil,

      Hopefully in October mate,for some Zander ;-0

      Delete
  5. His (now former) manager at Spurs is known as 'AVB' (Andre Villas Boas). Just found it bizarre that he would give his daughter the same initials as his boss after only knowing him 4 months. Alba Violet Bale......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I see know,yes very odd.Unless the quiet Portuguese one has been busy playing "away" boom boom.

      Delete
  6. At last the drivel stops, now if only the little spanish angry man would stop the world would be a better place.

    F. Bonney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think someone is making mischief,as the real Fred posted later on.Tsk,tsk.Must try harder.

      Delete
  7. I'll miss reading your blog Monty, good luck with the new job and early retirement mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fred,

      I'll be back,but as I said time will be of the premium as from mid September.I just need to get my head around the new role.;-0

      Delete
  8. You'd better come back Monty. Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know Monty, the schoolboys of today! ;o)

    I'll keep a look out for your return, looks like I won't have much time to fish,I regret more important matters need to be attended to.

    ReplyDelete