Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Place Your Bets

News came into the Yat Phone early today that Mr.Rich Frampton has resigned his tenure from the committee of the Barbel Society.On his Face Prowler page he said something along the lines of"It is with great regret that I have resigned my position within the Barbel Society,no matter how hard I tried some people are impossible to work with"

Now Rich and I have had various banter over the years on forums and text messages.But now some credit,where credit is due.Rich organised the last Barbel Society Show back in June,friends of mine who were there told me it was brilliant.They had a really good time and Rich it seems pulled it off.He worked so hard on this event that he did not have time to partake in the annual BS ritual of "Spawn Spotting",what ever happen'd to that directive?

So Rich I reckon it's a BS loss and I mean that.Like Fred you can now switch off and just go fishing,away from the worries of protocol.Just happy to be free to do as you want,when you want.

So who was it that Rich felt he could no longer work with,now a good book maker always needs an edge.Here at Yat Rock we employ a varied team of scouts across the globe,who give us feed back enabling us to form a market.


And we have come up with these odds below.

Fred Crouch 100/1
Peter Wheat  150/1
Steve Pope    10/1
Pete Reading  Even Money
Martin Howell 200/1
Don Caliendo 250/1
Phil Buckingham also 250/1
Dave and Mal 1000/1
Rob Hilton 5/1 (Sorry Rob) ;-)
Simon Asbury 150/1
A 1000/1 bar the rest.


So who's your money on?Roll up roll up and place your bets.Telephone bets only please.





The Barbel Society Committee.
President
FRED CROUCH
Vice President
PETER WHEAT
Chairman
STEVE POPE
Secretary and Research & Conservation Chairman
PETE READING
Treasurer
MARTIN HOWELL
Executive Officer
DON CALIENDO
Executive Officer
PHIL BUCKINGHAM
Membership Secretary
DAVID & MARILYN BROWN
Barbel Fisher Editor + Merchandise
ROB HILTON
Website Manager
SIMON ASBURY
Conference Organiser
RICH FRAMPTON
Fisheries Manager
RICHARD HOWELL
Newsletter Editor
JAMES VAN GOWLER








And gent's keep it clean and nice,no vitriolic anti who ever comments will be published.It is just a gentle little piss take as I have been well behaved for so long.I know who my money is on though ;-0.


Be Lucky.


Monty D







14 comments:

  1. Although IMHO the 200-1 would have been a great eachway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twas written in the stars many moons ago. Two more pawns sacrificed to save the king and queen :o) Maybe now they will understand the situation of the past but I doubt they would admit it.

    My vote goes for the one with the biggest ego - you choose Monty boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My money is on the Even Money shot;-0

      Delete
  3. Nothing like the past either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any more comments will have to wait until tomorrow.I must prepare dinner for the girls,and then sit in the garden and have a glass or two.While we discuss Egypt,Labour being run by the Unions.

    Oh and Big Brother ;-0.

    I suggest you get out in the sun also gents.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta be Evens AGAIN I'm afraid

    Phil B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fred don't be so naive, where was the support and backing of the boss. Sadly lacking once again I'm afraid.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  7. And how would you know?

    One of these days some of you guys will realise that you must have been your own problem.

    "The Boss" is a pussycat, and probably always was!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyhoy.

    I liked Rich. Yes, he always did a good job in my opinion, but Committee members who post on websites without discretion or commonsense, making enemies all around always going to be vunerable......

    At least he actually resigned, and wasn't pushed.

    Pete Reading has done marvels for the BS, a man I respect.

    SP phoned and chatted the other day, seemed in good spirits.

    As Mr Boney said.

    "One of these days I will realise that I must have been my own problem."

    Graham




    ReplyDelete
  9. I see ol'Eliot is still making it up as he goes along!

    What an out and out liar he is.

    ReplyDelete