Saturday, 9 February 2013

Another One In The Pot

Yep the sixth blank session on the bounce for me now,it is fast getting to the point of oh F***k fishing until next season.I did hope to have a Perch trip today,but disaster struck when I checked my worms in the week and they had all died.I gave a twelve gun salute to honor the dead and as I did not have time to get anymore in,I decided on a Chub session today.

Caged feeder and bread flake on the hook,yep that will work.I went to a beat of river this morning that I had not fished since last September.The river has changed so much owing to the recent floods,the sediment now drying,but the river itself still carrying some colour.Four hour session,four swims and not a touch.I spoke to three other anglers who were also after Chub today and not a bite between us.Most agreed it has been a trying winter,chuck in the constant sleet today and it was a joy.Funny though,all the other three and I still seemed to enjoy it.Looking back through my diary's prior to starting this blog,this has been my worst winter by a country mile.Have I morphed into a shite angler,or is it the up and down conditions?Or as one angler said today...."F******g Cray fish have ruined this river".Time will tell I suppose,but I may venture to Old Bury Hill soon,just to catch.

Git of a River
The Barbel Society have a new book coming out soon,as seen on a few angling forums and more power to there elbow say I.But may I make a suggestion?Please make sure the disgraced ex BS committee man,Will Golightly does not have the manuscript.He forgot he had a few copy's of Fred Crouches book,a while back.But he was eventually "tumbled",so lord knows what would happen if he did.Funny though,no announcement by the BS,as to why he stepped down.He has been very quiet of late old Will,so quiet he has gone missing. 

Will G


So if anyone knows where he is,please let me know.As I have a question about a rod he sold and apparently got three grand for.Made by Dick Walker,for Mr.Thomas with a letter of authenticity.It seems to be a little fishy,like a few things Will touched upon.And I am pleased to offer up a prize of these if you can help.

Answers  as ever to Monty Dalrymple,Yat Rock Towers,Yat Rock,Simmonds Yat.I thank you.

People of Sheffield your time is near.Peter Stringfellow is thinking of standing as an independent,against Nick Clegg in the next election.Instead of that morbid and bland twat Clegg,you could get tits and g-strings when you collect your giros.You know it makes sense chaps,vote Pete


No fishing for a couple of weeks now,or should I call it casting into the water and scratching ones nuts?Owing to a little trip away.So enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Be lucky

Monty D

7 comments:

  1. Monty I was informed today that said Mr G is about and very active on the worlds biggest auction website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will Golightly and Peter Stringfellow in one blog, Yuk! I feel like I need a wash now. Enjoy your break lover, it'll be spring when you get back and the fish will be biting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recon tis mixing with me that’s done it for you on the blanking front mate.
    Gruff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tom,

    Ta muchly.


    Gruff,

    Yes it has been a slog,but already I am making plans for next season ;-0

    ReplyDelete