Saturday, 12 January 2013

Black And White

Black and White,that was the phrase leveled at me recently by my Mother.Apparently I'm to quick to judge in her eyes."The problem with you,is that everything is Black and White"Denise AKA Lady D agreed,although she also thinks I exhibit some traits of  Asperger Syndrome.Though her being a Psychologist I give her more leeway than my Mother.

Now I've looked into this Asperger Syndrome malarkey and it is not unlike "Black and White".I thought about this today while blanking on the river for Chub.You see some traits of Asperger's,make it difficult for people to interact on a social level with others.I like to think I like what I like and if I do not like it,then stuff it and I have no interest,just let others do the talking and observe.Perhaps all fisherman are,as we are mostly alone by the water and can argue and always settle our differences in an amicable manner with ones inner self.

If for instance I like someone,then I would move heaven and earth to help them,if not?Well tough luck,your not in my spectrum.Is that a bad thing I wonder,living your life by your own rules as opposed to doing things for others,just to make them happy.Phew I'm glad I'm a little nuts,as I'm happy to be me.Take me as you find me,if you do not like what you see,then move on.Does the above sound a little deep for an angling blog?Well not really,just random things that go through my mind,while freezing my nuts off for the chance of a fish.They do say that angling is the "contemplative mans " pastime after all.

Alarm goes off around half past five,shower and a quick breakfast.Grab your bait and off to the river you go,large dollop of rain and sleet last night.Arrive at said river and it's still a little carrying a little to much colour for my liking.




I roamed about for four hours dropping a bait in every likely looking area,and only had the one proper pull on the quiver.The typical,jag,jag,jag and round she goes.Fish on,then off very quickly.Noon comes around and my fingers are numb,pack up and head for home.Did I really sit and think about the above while fishing?Or did I make it up,just to dress the blog up a little,to cover up a mundane blank.Who knows,who cares ;-0.

This made me laugh in The Times yesterday.......



Matthew,Matthew,Matthew Clarke you naughty boy.Matthew entered an angling competition in Guernsey with the prize,a nice tidy eight hundred pounds.But Matthew could not be arsed to fish,he done what all stroke pullers do,he cheated.He,under the cover of darkness(tis the only way trust one who knows),broke into the St.Peters Port Aquarium in Guernsey and stole this Bass!His intention though was sublime,some how he was going to return the fish to the Aquarium,after claiming the filthy lucre.But the dozy bastard dropped the fish and it died.

But he was "tumbled",by another competitor who recognized the  fish from its home and alerted the Police, it must be a buzzing PLAICE 'ol Guernsey.The silly sod now has one hundred hours community service to do.Fisher folk eh,are we all mad.

And keeping with the mad theme,have a look at this from our friends over on Fatwa.

http://www.barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/barbel-talk/7454-drennan-twist-lock-pole.html

Never has one item of tackle caused such friction,over the last god knows how many years.It's easy lads,service your pole on a regular basis and you will be fine.

That's it,time for a beer or three,I do though fancy a little bet on Sunday.A double with both Man Utd and Arsenal winning there respective fixtures,unlike us today.Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Be Lucky

Monty D




18 comments:

  1. As one who is both a little mad and has reached a certain age, if you like something or someone - embrace it/them, if you don't then stuff 'em. Nothing wrong with that Specki boy, its just about not wasting your time on dross.

    But I do think you have a typo in your title, shouldn't it read that when asked how you faired (of late) you replied "Blank - awright?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    Seemingly of late every time I head out,the weather turns cold or is pissing down.Still I'll have another go next week;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I predict a fish next time ................... or the one after. It doesn't matter though does it? If you caught every time there'd be no jeopardy which would be dull.

      Delete
    2. No it does not really matter.But those halcyon days and captures from the Autumn seem a long time ago ;-0Time to get to the bookies,then a swift cupla to take in the first game down the pub.

      Delete
  3. face it monts you are a nut job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are who your are mate, no point changing too fit other peoples ideas or ideals..................... that just turns you mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lot were hanging on at the end Tom,now I hope Arsenal do not let me down.Me I can't change,well a little ;-0

      Delete
  5. Some very respected historical figures have had symptoms of Asperger's fella. Mozart, Einstein, Curie,and now our very own Monty Dalrymple.
    The advantage about having either black or white preferences is, No grey areas. A bit like hair,...
    ..just a minute! Proof indeed Ha! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I had a fringe I was twenty five ish.

      Delete
  6. Monty,

    I had no idea we had so much in common. I knew we had common ground regarding The Gruff (all round good egg) but I never knew you were a fellow Aspbergian. The lads on the Dark Side have made allowances for me over the years but the people on FATWA seem to have trouble with my style and find me a little arrogant. Landing net handles can be tricky things apparently....especially if you have the IQ of a retarded gnat who was dropped on its head at birth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wild stab in the dark,but Swampy?

      Delete
    2. Guilty as charged...............

      Delete
  7. Yessling Ying said.....interbred Deb'n twat....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a bit much coming from someone who lives in the inbred capital of the UK.The Forest of Dean ;-0.

      Chuckled all day at the thought of you working on the roof in this weather;-0

      Delete
    2. Yessling Ying said....chuckle on, we're up there all week. :(

      Delete
  8. Roofs in the forest??? How times move on.


    Chris P

    ReplyDelete