Thursday, 13 December 2012

Dear Santa

That time of year is upon us again,those of us who have been good boys and girls this past year should have sent our letters by now and hopefully they reached the North Pole in good time.Any later than the fourteenth of December may be too late and you may be a little despondent when all you get on Christmas Day is a Satsuma and some socks.

I have asked Santa for two books,no tackle is needed as I have way to much as it is.The first is The Best of Barlow.I used to love Franks columns in the angling press in years gone by.Often funny and outspoken a fine angler to boot too.So fingers crossed for this one,it should be a hoot.


The second one is Big Carp Legends written by Mike Wilson.I have met Mike a few times over the years and shared a day on the Test with him and another group of anglers around six years ago.Without going over board,he is without doubt one of the nicest guys I have met both in and out of fishing.So if Santa is kind I'm really looking forward to reading this also.What ever you have asked for,I hope your wishes come true.


Away from fishing the Yat phone has been ringing off the hook these past few weeks.Various story's have been in the press and rather than phone people individually,it makes sense to put the record straight here.This IS not me,but my great,great uncle thrice removed.Please guys I'm getting on in years but I'm not that old!


This one here is a complete and utter fabrication.I am no body's stooge,my own man and honest as the day is long.I mean come on guys,the bloody Trinity Mirror  group for crying out loud.Wake up and smell the coffee please.


This does have some credence to be fair.My audience does stretch far and wide these days,my viewing figures from Australia have shot up very recently and I cannot really fathom out why?But I have been asked to open the Diwali celebrations next year in Mumbai and good to my word I shall attend and do my bit for our trade relations.



I hope that has allayed a few fears from certain party's?The "Beast from the East" is petering out and the "Pest from the West" is due in.Barbel anglers everywhere are girding their loins,at the thought of hauling some winter Barbel,well if you read those erstwhile chaps on Fatwa you would think so.I would like some calm and mild weather,trot a float maybe.Fish for some Pike and Perch, anything must be better than this cold front though.


Be Lucky


Monty D 

6 comments:

  1. May all your Christmas wishes come to fruition Monty - just so long as you have been a good boy that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monty loves Bob 4 ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Titter,now I wonder who that could be?Ying or TwoCanes?Anyway sod off I'm sorting my Pike tackle for the morning and I need to give my non sinking floats a pep talk.Going to be a very wet and wild one though for Gruff and I.

      Delete
  3. Ha, not I Monty, funny though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tone,

      Looking back through some old Texts today I found this....BFW 4 Ever.I think I have a clue now ;-0

      Delete