Friday, 23 November 2012

Weekend Plan Build An Ark

Well I am just about at the end of my tether with this weather.On the train into work on Monday,my mind was already on the angling trip planned for this weekend.I have not been near the bank for four weeks,long weeks to be truthful.But my work schedule has eased off and thoughts drifted to Perch on the river and a few hours peace and quiet.Phone calls were made,lob worms had been ordered and all was well,as well as can be,while struggling with fellow commuters on the train,who even at such an ungodly hour feel the need to bellow into their phones.Read will you not FFS!Who cares that your beloved misses you,it's not even 0600 and she is only phoning so she does not feel guilty while the Milk Man sneaks in to a still warm bed.Double cream you say love?

About midweek it tends to go a little "Tits Up".Rain is falling steadily,the wind picks up.You phone a few of your more how shall I say it? Philistine friends,you know the kind,builders,plumbers the kind of chaps who drive a white van and seem to cut you up with impunity.Reports come in that river levels are bank high and full of crap.You keep your fingers crossed and pray to the great angling god that is Ray Walton(Have a look on Fatwa,for he doth know best).But to know avail and its a futile cause.So you have a change of plan,Pike on a lake,yes that will be sufficient,more than that for a man who has not fished for four weeks.Until last night when we had rain and wind in biblical proportions.I went to the shop for Lady D around 2100hrs and it was like a scene from the Wizard of Oz(steady Mike),a maelstrom of flying cats,cheap Primark underwear and god knows what else.

Que today and Gruff went to have a look at our chosen Pike venue.......It now resembles the Somme,he should know as he is fairly ancient.The lakes have now merged into one and a river runs through it.His words this morning......"We are fooked son".Now Gruff and I do not mind some inclement weather,but when he says that it is a no go,one must take heed.The rivers as I type this are in the fields,Barbel I would assume are now far more happier in lake three and out of the main current.Pike are god knows where and I'm at a loose end.

The Autumn to me is this........



Or the above,nice and calm.Stunning to look at,but not this weekend and Gruff I shall be beavering away to make this on Saturday morning.For it is getting a lot worse from tomorrow.Weather gods permitting I'll be out next weekend,but I wanted,needed to go this weekend.Christ I finish work in less than a month for three weeks,but I can't wait that long!Rant'ish over.



Chelsea football club,a joke maybe?But this did make me laugh and nicked from the BFAMWE,forum.If I were a Chelsea fan(thank god I'm not) I would suggest the owner just picks the team.It's like Groundhog Day,manager drops Chairmans star buy,manager departs.And off we go again......


So for me this weekend is a quiet day on Saturday,Ark building aside.I shall though be backing The Giant Bolster E/way around 7/1 in the Betfiar Chase at Haydock.And on Sunday I shall be at our game away to S***s,a draw I'll be chuffed with.Chuck in a little X Factor on Saturday night at Lady D's behest and all is well,well mostly.

Until then I'm off for a pint or two now and pray that the weather gods,take pity for next weekend.Enjoy your weekend.


Be Lucky

Momty D

8 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Monty..... supporting West ham - how do you cope :o)

    If it helps at all, yesterday I went to a little pond that ALWAYS produces a bite or ten, desperate to see my float dip under I sat there in the cold and sod all happened - then it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pain,pain?I have been to the bookies and put a few bets on and it's still raining.A mate who is a confirmed Barbel angler only,could not find the river today.

    This weather is bollocks ;-0.Still I've just opened a bottle of Old Peculiar,the racing is on shortly.So it's not all bad.The weather is due to turn colder from midweek,so with luck the lakes we fish we be back to normal,while the river water abates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going for a gander tomorow afternoon mi duck. May thrash the water with mi pike fly gear for an hour.
    Gruff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gruff,

    Good luck.Just home from football and I'm knackered,we were poor today.Time for my late,very late Sunday dinner ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Passengers shouting down mobiles, fishing trips cancelled last minute...know that only too well Monty!
    A wet, tired and hungry trip back from the lane having witnessed a former team player score a couple against you can't have done much for your morale mate.
    Think you could be facing a bit more of the same with a difficult run til end of the year with some tough games ahead. Weather predictions not looking too hopeful either. Thank heavens for bottles of ale huh!
    Keep smiling fella ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I could borrow the ark after, as the river behind my house is up?

    I'm following now, best regards.

    www.smallstreambrowntroutfishing.blogspot.com

    Follow me if you get time?

    ReplyDelete