Thursday, 9 August 2012

Angling Heroes

Well I'll add a quick snippet about the Olympics thus far.It has been superb has it not?Medals galore for the host nation and some great performances from sports men and women from around the globe.Lady D and I were lucky,no very lucky to be at the evening session last Saturday at the Olympic stadium.To witness team GB win three Gold medals was the stuff of dreams.A great stadium to watch athletics and a sublime atmosphere.I do hope though West Ham never take over as the main tenant as it will be awful for football.When Lady D's phone dries out(ended up in the bath on Tuesday night) how many times darling talk to your mates when not having a soak!I'll try and load up some photos of the night on here.I will stick my neck out now and say the Usain Bolt will break the World Record in the 200 meters final tonight.


Now to Angling heroes........I took a phone call from Yessling Ying on Tuesday evening....."Monty the Anglers Mail have started a new series entitled Angling Heroes,someone we know gets a name check".So on Wednesday after work I took a quick flick through at WH Smiths in London Victoria and lo and behold smiling back at me was the BardofBridgEnorth.Apologies for the quick photo with the phone,but I felt a right mucky so and so handling this magazine.Way to go Bardy old boy.


But it gets even better for not a few minutes later I happened upon this over on Fatwa..........

http://www.barbel.co.uk/site/video/lbpart1.php

Here he is in the first part of an interview with Lol Breakspear,the man is a natural.Look at the way he keeps glancing to the camera,trying to get his good side.A cross between a young Marlon Brando,with the voice of Barry the Brummie Brickie from back in the day.In truth the lad does an awful lot for other anglers and is a nice guy,video was good too.Global domination for the Bard is imminent I feel.My fishing will  begin again next weekend in earnest,after the round of  party's and sport,two weeks now since my line has been cast and I miss it,getting a little terse so people tell me.

On Facebook?Na me neither but after today I am concerned,very in fact.It appears billions of us are psychopaths.According to some psychologists by using Facebook you have a healthy social network and that avoiding it,is suspicious.The German magazine Der Tagesspiegel points out that James Holmes the alleged US cinema killer and Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivick both lacked a Facebook profile.Even Forbes.com reports that employees are becoming wary of Facebook-avoiders as they have something to hide.

How many people world wide?7 or 8 Billion with maybe a Billion or so on Facebook?If I was the Illuminati I would be very concerned at the thought of all of us non Facebook users going MAD.

I'm non Facebook and proud.
Be Lucky


Monty D


8 comments:

  1. I've said it before, I'll say it again....if you cut the Bard in half he'd have the word 'Fishing' writen through him, like a Black Coontry piscatorial stick of rock. Good job that blokes like him do the things they do, as well.

    As for Facebook, what a pile of shat (isn't it.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scuba - doing an interview? Well that's not going to work coz you can't get a word in edgeways when he's in full flow :-)

    But he's a top man and I still owe him a big one ;-)

    As for Facebook - yes, I joined, had a look around and quietly slipped out the back door. What a load of old tosh, if you want to communicate with someone you can always meet them, email, text or ring them whilst having a bath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monty

    quote: When Lady D's phone dries out(ended up in the bath on Tuesday night) how many times darling talk to your mates when not having a soak!I'll try and load up some photos of the night on here :quote

    I take it you don't mean this as i've read it :-)

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phil,

    I will claim the fifth;-0

    Ying and Dave,


    Had a touching text from the Bard today,he is sooo pleased as being thought of in such glowing terms.But he can't post on here now as it would harm his quest for demi god status.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bertrand-Beaverbrook12 August 2012 at 08:28

    Monts old boy if you care to look over on our BS forum you will see a poster asking where are the face book newbies as of yet he has no response.Touching really and i yearn for the days of the old forum and its banter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame that all this individual("BB") has to do in his life is pick up insignificant things like this.
      I bet it's the same bloke who used to text you from committee meetings too Monty ey ey ?? :o)
      The forum is dead,as most are, just look at BFW, and so are the one liners who thought they were clever,and put everybody off posting, good riddance I say the Society better off without them.
      Onwards and upwards.

      Delete
  6. "BB"

    I am now at a cross roads in my life,caught between ribbing the Barbel Society and letting them be.I have decided on the latter.

    For what fun can one gain from kicking a man when he is down.My heart goes out to the lad who runs the Glous region who only had six people turn up,when they held a meeting in the week.No I do not have it in me these days.I'm just to soft I guess?

    Plus Rob Hilton is now doing the magazine after Fred stood down and I happen to like Rob(got a great Doppelganger of you coming soon Rob),so they can just potter along at will.

    It's for the best "BB" old chap.Anyway time to mown the lawn and get set for a few pints at noon.

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fred,

    I can guarantee on my life,no one used to text me from committee meetings.I asked one or two people who served on the committee a few questions and was mostly told to Feck off.But did get the odd tit bit ;-0

    As for forums,most have died ages ago in particular those that are of a single species variety.The Pikers Pit forum is good,also the PAC forum is going from strength to strength at present.The new issue of Pikelines hit the door mat today and the new committee are looking good,with some fresh ideas.I like the fact that the committee of the PAC changes on a three year basis,enabling fresh blood and ideas to be brought to the fore.

    Hot one down hear in Surrey,day off on Friday and back on the river.But for now a glass of wine beckons.

    Be lucky.

    ReplyDelete