Monday, 30 July 2012

Frustration

Last Thursday I headed off to the river early in the morning in the hope of  some Carp action off the top.Lovely warm morning and a joy to be going fishing as opposed to making my way into work. Arriving around 0630 I made the long yomp through the meadows to where the Carp normally reside.I started to fire out dog biscuits and tackled up.

It was a good two hours or so until the sun got up and a little longer for the fish to make an appearance.I had a good few Carp swimming around a large bay of slack water taking mixers off the top.And they took every one,every time while ignoring my artificial floater.I stopped fishing for a while and had the fish competing strongly for the free offerings,large bow waves  appearing every where.But each time they came to my hook bait they took a little sniff and sunk away.

I think they could see my controller float or the line?I could only use a hook length of around a foot and half, owing to the limited casting space.Floating crust was out of the question as the hordes of Roach and Chub were obliterating this in minutes.I had a chat with the Bard of Bridgenorth and he suggested next time I go,tie a longer hook length in loops with PVA string,thus enabling me to spread the bait away further from the float.It may be worth a try.

I packed up around noon as by now I was soaked in sweat and stung by the huge nettle beds that adorn the bank side.Frustrating yes,but worth watching how cagey these river Carp were.I'm looking forward to getting back for another go soon.


Now to the Opening Ceremony for the 2012 games.What did you think?I really did not have a clue as to what Danny Boyle had in mind.So Lady D and I settled down with a bottle of plonk and waited expectantly.I thought hand on heart it was superb,though the Tory MP for Cannock Chase Mr.Aidan Burley was not impressed,he said it was "Leftie Multicultural Crap",quite a damming assessment that.To me it was a   wondrously bonkers and a feast for your senses.

Mr.Bean and Bond accompanied by the Queen,my jaw dropped when I realized it was the real Queen and not a stand in,parachute jump withstanding.To start with Jerusalem was a master stroke and the young lad Humphrey Keeper sung like an angel,we were transfixed.It just seemed to move along at break neck speed until the end.When Emile Sande sang Abide With Me,Lady D had tears  in her eyes and I'll openly admit I had  a lump in my throat.It is such a hard hymn to get right,but she managed it with superb aplomb.Only downside of the night,as many have said was Paul McCartney,very poor.I wonder what the rest of the world made of it?



On Saturday night Lady D and I attended her Sister-in- Laws fiftieth birthday soiree.We made the short trip up from Surrey and into South London,Norwood to be precise.Now THAT blazer I posted up here the other week was a no go.I went to buy it but they did not have my size,I needed a 44 Regular,they did not have one in that size,the 42 being to small and the 46 to big.So I  walked down to Jerymn Street from work and bought this Linen number.The better looking one of the two of us,only agreed to have her photo taken as I looked "Pretty smart babes,you had no chance if you had bought that awful blue one"

Lady D and I.

It was a real good "do" with plenty of old Rare Groove and Lovers Rock playing,I would like to point out I was not drinking that Stella,Lady D's daughter who took the photograph suggested it would add some "Chav Factor",what ever that is.


Be Lucky

Monty D

12 comments:

  1. Looking pretty sharp there Mr D!


    Coops

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bang on the money Monty, the ceremony was superb and made me feel so proud to be British.

    This hard faced Northern bastard had tears in his eyes at one point. Hats off to you Mr Boyle.

    We are far from perfect as a nation, but at least we can take the piss out of ourselves and to paraphrase the Mancunian sage Frank Gallagher of Shameless fame..."we know how to throw a parteh".

    Re Adrian Burley, putting his odious right-wing views to one side, why the fuck do certain politicians feel the need to make political statements all the bleeding time? Burley was not alone, at the opposite side of the political spectrum the likes of Dianne Abbott spent the whole ceremony sending out a stream of tweets in an attempt to claim the ceremony as a leftie triumph. It's total bullshit, the ceremony was a celebration of modern Britain, it was about people, not party politics. Rant over!

    As for Lady D...you are definately punching above your weight there Monty old son :)

    Joe90

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coops,

    One has to make the effort when not on the bank.


    Joe 90,

    I think I have a handle on who you are :-).Diane Abbott all I will say is I'm in no way a fan.As for "punching above my weight",it takes years to get this good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You old smoothie Monty!

    Lots of carp in my river at the moment, some big ones too.

    Keep well mate

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Chav Factor" - Monty? Never :-)

    Although I reckon you bottled it on the jacket front.


    I'm still bored by the bloody Olympics although the girl that gate crashed the Indian team was a larf -Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do say women travel in pairs, a stunner and a tug.

    The one with the can of lager is clearly the tug ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your having trouble with spooky carp look at the gardner suspender, casts well and keeps the line off the water if you balance it right.

    Tight lines

    Ms P. Nurse

    ReplyDelete
  8. JAA,

    Thank you for that ;-0

    Ms P. Nurse ?

    Thank you will have a look for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ms P Nurse's IP originate in Herefordshire Mont?
    Gruff regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Na he like me is never up that late.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So did yow shake your booty and ting on the floor ? Yessling Ying here, shag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ying,

    Proper old skool "Stomping at the Savoy".

    ReplyDelete