Saturday, 28 April 2012

No Cod

Sea fishing on here what next? OK before I get to the Cod please be aware it may offend,I will offer up a disclaimer a little later.But for now a few thoughts from my vantage point on Yat Rock.Firstly the rain that is falling and falling over and over.

Now I mentioned on here back in February that we needed some rain,but blimey I expect to see an Ark floating past me any day now.It has not stopped since the hose pipe ban was brought into force on April the sixth.Most rivers down south are bank high or even over the banks.Will this weather continue for a while yet,thus making a mockery of the close season as certain species may spawn after the hallowed day of  June the sixteenth.What then?Will those who have waited three months to cast a line think.........Stuff it and fish anyway.Or will they show a modicum of restraint and wait a while.Sure the above is all conjecture as the seasons weather wise seem to change year by year.I'm not sure what actually triggers the spawning process,but if this rain continues it may be a bad season for recruitment levels for our favorite river species.It's a little like feast and famine at times.I for one welcome the rain though as it lessens my hay fever and that's not a bad thing.If anyone wants to let me know what triggers the spawning process be it water temperature or light levels please let me know. 

I was at Upton Park today and its the play offs for us.Cardiff away in the first leg next Thursday and that should be a lovely day out and I need to book the day off from work to attend this fixture.Simply we were not good enough  to gain automatic promotion.I will offer a well done to Southampton who go up along with Reading,Jon Berry I know has already got a box at St. Mary's next season on the back of his book sales.Another happy Saints fan is a certain man who lives on the Isle of Wight,I know you still look in John so enjoy it mate.But the most famous Saints fan alive is this man........


Can you imagine Yates next season,Man Utd away,bowling along with a Stone Island coat,Burberry cap, Armani Jeans and a pair of Y3s on his feet giving it "LARGE".No me neither.

I'll admit now this may offend.So please do NOT watch if you think it will shock you.I found it mildly amusing,and as I've been busy with work,home improvements(don't snigger those that know me,it's not my forte)and it's a gossamer link to fish, with what should really mostly be a fishy blog?Or is it a rant.

 


I may get out next week on a  lake for some Tench,it's dependent on many things.I do not really mind  as the river season is not far away be they spawned out or not.

Be Lucky


Monty D


Ps Happy 60th Birthday on Monday to Le Otterman,who does my photoshopping.Enjoy it mate.  

10 comments:

  1. Nice one 'geezer'. Must be wettest drought in history ay!
    CY a saint? Now there's an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep still peeing down so I'm about to slope off to a warm pub and have a cupla pints of Youngs Special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in the play-off's chap

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big game for your boys tonight Tom,I'll have it on the Crystal Set.I fancy Man Citeh may win tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank God for that Monty. Who the hell said ALL football supporters wanted Ole Arry. Certainly not me as the guy hasn't a clue tacticaly, or how to change things during a game.

    Good luck in the play offs.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phil,

    I would like to think Sir.Trev put the knife into Saggy Chops.He warned Billy Bonds to watch Saggy Chops when Billy was our manager back in the day.

    As for Woy Hodgson,safe choice but not really one to inspire?Dean Saunders may have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good one Monty and may the Force be with you. You'll need it as Cardif is such a genteel place where English football is concerned :-)

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on making the final should be a decent day out no matter who you play.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep really looking forward to it,must dash train to catch and all that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Monty. I did enjoy it, but not to excess. I still remember it all. Fine ale, fine company and fine music care of my two sons. Marvellous. (no cod though)

    ReplyDelete