Sunday, 5 February 2012

Bottled Out Of The Fishing

Well I will hold my hands up and admit I bottled out yesterday for a day on the river after Perch,the wind had cut me too the quick on the way to work all week and I just could not summon up the enthusiasm to go.Is it age catching up with me or common sense?I would like to think it's the latter but then again none of us are getting any younger.

So I plumped for our derby game against Milllwall,plenty of tickets were still available in advance for this particular fixture.I can understand why many people do not want to attend this most acerbic and bitter or rivalries,what with the past history between the teams both on and off the pitch.


A lunchtime kick off was order of the day and all pubs and off licences(Who really wants to swig from a can of beer in February) were closed until 1600.I can't see the point in this measure,as If people want to have a tear up at football,then they will booze or not.The old bill I'm sure will one day work out that fact?

The game?Poor atmosphere I thought in the ground but then we seldom seem to achieve this these days.Why that is I'm not so sure,it just seems to tick over.Going down to ten men after nine minutes when our captain Nolan was sent off made you think........I would be well happy with a draw.But fate for a change smiled on us when Carlton Cole banged one in,into injury time in the first half. If I was a Pikeys fan I would have been gutted:-),you have a man up and you go in one down.

It's gets better,Pikeys equalized in the 65th minute when Liam Trotter(proper Pikey Peckham name) hit the net.Now they were in form,but hope does not always spring eternal.Three or so minutes later Winston Reid put us back in front.Was it a foul on Forde,Millwalls goal keeper?I'd say it was to be truthful.That makes it all the sweeter,you give them hope after nine minutes.You score and they are deflated,they get one back only to be pig sick a short while later.Not a great football performance by us,but after the dreadful result away to Ipswich in the week a good solid performance.I spoke to a couple of Milwall mates today and one hit the nail on the head I think with this comment....."Your team wanted it more and those playing for us,we don't seem to have a clue,but your still vermin though mate".He could not though muster a well done.And no one likes a bad looser do they?

Anyway we had a fair dollop of snow last night in leafy Surrey.So instead of going out for a meal the better half and I just curled up on the sofa with a bottle of wine,well not for long.The dross on the box makes me weep and I jumped online for a while,so the better half could watch the dross in peace without me moaning and groaning.And lo and behold it's Barbel anglers yet again doing what they do best........Chat about bollocks.



Sure it's amusing at times,but mostly you seem very uptight and frustrated gents?Perhaps a visit to Anne Summers for a foot pump and an inflatable may solve your angst?Who knows perhaps they are mostly wankers.Still with the snow being almost countrywide,expect maybe next week on Fatwa......."Snow melt and road salt".Hell they even debate what flask these days,I kid you not.Forums are they finished or will they still be around in five years time,Barbel forums seem to generate mostly incestuous bilge in my eyes,but that's maybe my rather jaundiced view from Yat Rock,they do make me laugh though.

I mentioned last week War Horse the film and stage play by the author Michael Morpurgo,well we did catch up with this yesterday on the radio 4 website.If you have a spare ninety minutes and you like this kind of thing.Sit back and pour yourself a glass and I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01bh91t

I'll maybe cast a line next weekend?I'll see what the week brings firstly and then decide but If I don't I may be more grouchy than normal.

Be Lucky

Monty D

10 comments:

  1. i think common sense may come with age mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fishing because of the weather? I call that wisdom not wimpton ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ole Teflon Arry, knew he was totally innocent all along. The dog set him up. :-)

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you or I forgot we had a tidy sum stashed away,we would be doing a stretch.The blokes a total C**t,pure and simple.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Arry the eel for Engerland! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course he is Monty, but football and the higher echelons of this once great country of ours is full of them.

    He'll be the next England manager for sure. Just heard as well that Linaker has had a call from the FA. How the hell does that work, even i've got more coaching badges than he has :-)


    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  7. My missus is a coach at weekends.

    She removes her teeth and fits seats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the Spurs team are back in training after their week of jury duty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blimey, Yogi,
    Who writes your scripts??

    Best chuckle of the week, that one, loved it!

    ReplyDelete