Saturday, 3 September 2011

Doppelgangers Of The Angling World Part XIII

I've not done one of these for ages,but while peeking down from my vantage point on Yat Rock today.I felt this was an opportunity to good to pass up.Below we have that delicate wallflower and some say cantankerous old cuss Ade Williams,or he may be better known to you as Titus Atticus?


And in the next photo we have that well known Barbel Demi-God(no not Chris Ponsford),but none other than Grumpy from Walt Disney fame,with his new Barbel PB of I think 16lb.Caught on some home rolled specials that Snow White knocked up prior to having a little kip.

Moving swiftly on as I'm pushed for time, this came into the Yat phone yesterday.I will set the scene..........You retire for an early night,all your assorted tackle is ready for the morning.You have a fit full nights sleep as thoughts of giant Roach swim in your subconscious.You awake early and load up your car for a whopping two and a half hours drive to your chosen venue.Life feels good,your not at work for the day and the weather is sublime.Some two and a half hours later you arrive at your venue of choice.You start to unload your tackle while on the phone to a friend(yeah great friend),and all of a sudden it dawns on you like a Rhino horn up your arse........."Oh for fooks sake I've left me bastard maggots in the fridge".I won't say who our intrepid piscator is though as he feels a right twat.Enjoy your weekend though folks.


Be Lucky.



Monty D




7 comments:

  1. That's one big old lump, and not a bad barbel as well.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll own up to going babelling on the Royalty without my landing net a fortnight since (luckily there was two of us) and tench fishing without my rod last week.

    Old age tha' knows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. JAA said...

    Old age tha' knows...

    Know what you mean about age JAA

    A few years back drove down to Cornwall (5hrs) for some Bassing.Collected my live Sandeel from the tackle shop, got onto the beach just as dusk fell and the tide started to flood, selected the area, unpacked the rods, sorted the gear out only to find i'd left both my reels back home on the side in the garage.

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two carry on about being old,I am going for a cupla Sunday pints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bigfatbloke is such a forgetful twonk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's time I owned up, that picture is photoshoped, this is the original.



    [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/rodenline/005-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaaa... Top photo Monty. LMBO

    ReplyDelete