Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Gone But Not Forgotten

Well that lasted a long while did it not ?To be honest the so called adult content did not offend me in the least.But to "Pull it off" after one magazine,at least people are aware when it is time to cut and run.

Are angling magazines passed there or is that their ?(Can someone please let me know as I always get this wrong) sell by date.The internet has a plethora of good angling articles and monthly periodicals seem to regurgitate the same authors and the same 'ol same 'ol.Before anyone jumps in with any snide comments.I think it must be hard to write in a new and vibrant manner for an angling magazine these days.But hey what do I know I'm only an average angler.

So Fish and Tips,we thank you for giving the bloging chattering classes,something else to moan about.

Lastly I'm hopeful to have the "Stoney" receipt in the next day or two,as some chaps reckon I gambled it all away.I may be a bit of a stroke puller(Fish and Tips again),but would never squander a charity's money.Good lord no!


Be Lucky

Monty D

12 comments:

  1. I meant to say more, their means belonging to or possession

    That is their house over there.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fred,

    You have just confused my small pea sized brain :-
    )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete ("over there by the building") or more abstract ("it must be difficult to live there").

    Use their to indicate possession. It is a possessive adjective and indicates that a particular noun belongs to them.

    My friends have lost their tickets.
    Their things were strewn about the room.

    If you wrote there, will the sentence still make sense if you replace it with here? If so, you're using it correctly.
    If you chose their, will the sentence still make sense if you replace it with our? If so, you've chosen the correct word.
    If you used they're, will the sentence still make sense if you replace it with they are? If so, you're on the right track!

    SIMPLES...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bloody hell I wish I'd have not asked now.Spelling and grammar is not my forte.Ask me about "shorting" out stock or going "long" I am fine.

    "Bid" and "Offer","Churn and Burn" yes again.But pedants I do not do,unless they look like Beyonce ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say that, as i found it earlier but then I thought nah, he'll think I'm taking the piss ;o)



    Keep an eye on James Halstead (AIM)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Use 'em all Monty and just add the rider, "delete where (wear) not applicable".

    Ade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't foret they're, abbreviation for "they are" ;-)

    As in "Fish'n'Tips they're to$$ers to a man".

    But at least they're (see what I did there?) up front about what they are. It's arguably slightly better than the rank commerical interests touted as "caring for nature" the like of AT et al peddle.

    Must take a happy pill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monty they're taking the piss now.....LoL... have a nice April, we are as the showers (torrential) are here wi' a vengeance after a dry March!!

    Immus

    ReplyDelete
  9. They can take the piss all they want I do not mind,at work for a few hours then over to UP for our 12.45 kick off against Man Utd.

    2-1 West Ham,just fancy us today ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  10. If your lot do 2-1 I'll give you a man hug, you soft suvern poof. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. So there I was watching the game at 2-0 when i had to go to ref a game. There's me thinkin' that's nice of the Hammers to hold the scum back a bit. When I gets there some geezer says Manure were 3-2 up. You're 'avin' a Stefi I says.
    SHITE!

    ReplyDelete