Monday, 6 December 2010

Doppelgängers of the Angling World Part V

What are the chances of ever seeing these two fine and somewhat stout fellows on the bank at any one time ?I'll wager not an awful lot to be honest.

Here we have Bolton funny man Peter Kay,trying to cast a Dry Flay,and making a hash of it.

And this chap here is Conrad Farlow,all round softly spoken gent from Barnsley who happens to be a whopping 45 today,not stone I hasten to add.Happy Birthday though mate and hope it's a nice evening for you both ;-0.


Also I have been getting a fair bit of stick over the photo below.This is actually MY advent calender,that my Mum sends me every year.Do I need to grow up now I'm getting on in life and not covert such things ?Not in my eyes,I love Christmas and I still open up the window every morning when I get up.No chocolates in this one this year though:-(

Lastly still cold here, but lets hope the rain holds off tonight in Adelaide so we can get the Aussies out and win the this Test Match.But It's looking wet I'm afraid and that will be a royal kick in the bollocks.

Be Lucky

Monty D

6 comments:

  1. Knocking them for six, breaking all sorts of records but still history will only record a draw................. sometimes a very unfair match result!

    I am with you on the Xmas thing Monty only i start to get in the spirit in the week leading up to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monty, soft spoken and speechless. Thanks (I think)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robbed by the rain in Australia. What are the odds?

    Christmas start on Decmeber 19th for me. BUT I have made both cakes and got the sloe gin bottled, but I'd do that anyway to be fair.

    btw, I heard "Winter Wonderland" in an ad. on the idiot's lantern and all I can think of is Alan Rickman saying "Now I have a machine gun. Ho. Ho. Ho."

    Is it me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey, he's bigger than I thought for a small un (if you get my drift.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to them, i thought the heavy rains would work in the Aussie favour and another draw would be the outcome.

    ReplyDelete