Friday, 19 November 2010

Friday Already

Grabbed a few hours on the river after work yesterday,as it's got fairly mild over the last few days. Hoping for a Barbel to come along and take a bit of interest,but I only managed one small Chub.Even though I was on the bank at around 16.00 and fished through until about 19.30.Most of the trees have shed their leaves now,so that was a pain in the 'Arris,not sure what to fish for on Saturday ?The rivers are carrying a some fair colour so I may try a different river for Barbel,though it's frosty outside Chez Monty as I type this.Still as the Gruff once said"You'll catch nowt sat at 'ome ya miserable bugger".Quick photo of yesterday's swim,as you can see I've tweaked it a little.


Moving on swiftly make sure you seek out Novembers Coarse Angling Today,as Monty and his mate Yessling Ying,tell a few tales from this season.The jobs a good 'un as they say.


Well It's Friday and as ever I'm off for a cupla pints.Well not really as I'm off to work but you can pretend I've done this blog entry in the afternoon,OK ?So if you are on the bank over the weekend take care.Looking again at forum land,folk are even asking what Gloves to buy for the winter.So people like that may need telling it's slippery and unsafe at times.How about though you really go wild guys and walk into a tackle shop and make an informed decision ?I mean what Gloves,FFS.

Oh and the BS Auction has just started again and it's a great cause.The lads have had a large "Whip 'raand" and got enough cash together so a BS member can bid for a day out with Steve Pope,for both Mike Oz and Mike Berridge.I know,I know guy's I can see the tears in your eyes from Yat Rock.But we feel your worth every penny.

Be Lucky

Monty D






7 comments:

  1. Gloves? I thought only southern softies wore gloves? You'll be wanting a long sleeve shirt next.

    Man up FFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do know "irony" is not a description of iron don't you?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know "irony" is not a description of iron don't you?

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good you had to say it twice ;-)

    Pub Time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Monty, but this really deserves a plug.

    http://barbelfishingaintmyworld.yuku.com/directory

    ReplyDelete