Sunday, 10 October 2010

Can You Trust The Weatherman ?

Well can you ? All week the various news channels and weather websites have been promising an "Indian Summer" for this weekend.More so for Saturday and with this in mind I thought I would go out, even though the dreaded "Man Flu" is trying to give me a kicking.The thought of sitting by the river as opposed to sitting at home being grumpy and congested was a good thought.Utter cobblers as yesterday the sun never popped it's head through the low cloud once.A damp and and sullen day it was too.

I thought I would have a go for the large Chub,that inhabit this stretch of river.What do I class as a large Chub ? Over six pounds is what I was after,though they are rumoured to go nearer eight pounds.The largest I have ever seen on the bank was a 6.15lb(Very honest that) and indeed that was some six year ago.

Arrived at the river around 09.00 and fished through until 19.00.This particular beat had more anglers on it yesterday than I have seen all season.Perhaps the "Butterfly Anglers" were looking forward to a little late Autumn sun ? Hard luck all round I think.The river had a little more colour and push than I had hoped for.And after an hour fishing large crust baits,and the weed catching this up I opted to switch to paste baits.

I roamed around all day and regret it now.As I did not bother with a chair,I just sat on a mat or a damp river bank and my back feels like I've been pulled on a rack.And only one Chub came my way around 4lbs in weight I guess.I did miss a couple of bites with my slow reaction.As ever they came while eating or drinking.I'll be back for another go when it's gets a little colder.As undoubtedly some large Chub are in attendance and when the weed dies away the crust or liquidised bread method will come to the fore ?I did have the pleasure of chatting to Martin James for a while and he pulls no punches in his views of certain things in the angling world.Nice to hear someone speak his mind.At the end of the day when I got home I was shattered,getting to old maybe to walk about four miles up and down when you feel like death ?

A little photo from yesterday.It should have been beaming with the Sun about this time. Harrumph.





Now I do not really know what has kicked "off" over on the Fishing Magic Forum? But something must have ?I tend to look in at FM most Sundays.And I think some good stuff is posted to be honest and a lad called Peter Hayes recently published and article about catching "Big Chub on Boilies".I thought that was very good,even though I do not post on their or very few angling forums.I think it's fairly enjoyable as it's not just single species anglers,hence a more balanced view.I noticed Ron "The Hat" Clay has thrown his hat into the ring,and jacked.Never met Ron,doubt I will.But by Christ does he make me chuckle.Talk about getting a bite,the man excels at the "Forum Game".I'd have a pint with him any time.So for you lot who have had enough ? This is for you ;-0.




Enjoy your Sunday,I shall now take more Day Nurse and what ever else.And moan as only a man can do when ill.Good job we don't have to give birth!

Monty D

14 comments:

  1. the big chub will show down at the beat in the winter at present to many barbel are in evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monty old boy forget FM ask yourself this small question if you will.why is a question being asked by a committee man about the x factor on the barbel tactics thread.We the very few members who are left thought it was about fishing only as we shall not be as rude to question the running of our society.but it will not be moved as we all know our committee are above such moderation.what a load of jokers they really are a group of mates talking to each other.a god forbid the otter problem on the swale gets out.

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you mean the Barbel Society Forum ?

    I did hear about a few Otters that are in residence at Topcliff.But if the lads and lasses are still catching Is there a real problem ?And as for the X Factor,anyone male of the species over the age of 18 who watches this is just plain odd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAA,

    Working from home today and tomorrow so If I can get most things done today.Then who knows what Tuesday may bring.I now must break my fast with some scrambled egg and smoke salmon bagels.

    'Tis a hard life ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  5. i see the powers that be read your blog monty and that they have made it so.a new forum for bollocks as opposed to the party line bollocks.its a shame they do not see what they have done.so now half a dozen chums can talk to each other while the rest of us just snooze on.i so regret renewing this time round after 5 years it is a waste of time while the clowns run the circus.

    haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. couldn't email me over one of them bagels could you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. JAA,

    Nope its all gone.Fishing in the morning ;-0.

    Anon,

    Piss off and moan in the "Dead Zone".Who really gives a fuck ? Let them be what they want to be.Martin James hit the nail on the head on Saturday,when he described the whole shebang.I can't be arsed,like shooting pigs in a poke ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  8. My darling Montgomery, are we feeling a touch under the weather, maybe a warm Talisker toddie will lift the dratted cold.

    From the frozen FLEKKUDALSA

    A D-S

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to put Martin James and Ron (the twat)Clay together in a locked room. They could bore each other to death and do the world a favour.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What has the BS come too they are now bragging about watching Spooks and the Inbertweeners and no wonder they are trying to con people with a six month cheapy.join the bs today and learn what exactly.send in the clowns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Posting on here at 02.14 I would assume you are the clown ?Television is for the more backward among us.

    Radio 4 is where it is at :-)
    )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like that my PVR can record radio. Classic serials and the Navy Lark at my disposal...

    ReplyDelete
  13. PVR, JAA........................ what's that then?

    ReplyDelete