Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Soaked To My Bollocks

Left for a more local river to me around mid morning, with it peeing down with rain.Arrive at said river and park up my mates van,sally fourth after a quick cup of tea or if your from the Midlands a "Kippa Tie".With these words ringing in my ears "Monty what about your brolly mate ?" "Na won't need it mate the rain is done for the day"

I set off downstream about a mile and a half from my mate,settle in a swim and cast out.My first Barbel of the day is in the net with in ten minutes.It's over cast,it's humid and with the pressure dropping I can't fail ?

Wrong,on two counts.It then started to rain,then rain some more.Me being me thought "Ahh bollocks I'll be alright it will stop in a second".Three hours later around 14.00 hrs I walked upstream to the van,got the brolly and walked back.But by now the damage had been done.Soaked through.Fished through until 18.45 for not another bite,since the first cast.

Low pressure,rain and humid.No thank you give me sun and more sun,just like the good Doctor Stef recommends.




Moving on.......By Thursday I hope to have in my grubby mitts, an original MKIV Avon that has never seen the bank side in it's life.Never had a reel on it,or so I'm told.The vendor tells me "Mint It's fooking brand new son".And I trust him.If I get it Thursday it will be taken out Perch fishing on Friday, to show him/her how much I covert this lovely stick.I'll also post some photo's up to.

To the vendor,I thank you.

Monty D as ever will now have a beer.

6 comments:

  1. Your new rod sounds wonderful Monty a really nice piece of cane, perhaps i should look for something similar.

    Well done on the barbel not so well done on the drenching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,

    Think you'll be hard pressed to find a MKIV like Treebeard.Not many knocking about like "him".I'm grinning like a "Wanking Jap".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monty.

    Congrats on the new old rod. Looks a great beanpole.

    Just as a little multi national tip. The Japanese only smile when they are in pain or very sad. (see 11th August Daily Mail)

    The Jap was being whipped at the same time

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham,

    The Jap was wanking with a chain mail glove,as used by "Boners" like big Johny Walker,or my my Dad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monty see you are still doing it arf arsed !!!eg lovely cane pole nice ole pin but a piece of shite for a landing net some crap banksticks a front rod rest on the back and some cheapo rod rest on the front.......come on man get your act together go cane all the way.
    Yours as always
    David Ditchman ABE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old Pin ?

    That's a Pete Reading hardly old Dave,old boy.As for going cane all the way.Why ? Nope I enjoy cane rods,for the feel,not to be a fashion icon ;-)

    ReplyDelete